Shrimp Hushpuppies Recipe

Shrimp Hushpuppies Recipe 
I had to remake these Shrimp Hushpuppies because…I love them!
These Shrimp Hushpuppies are currently popular on my blog! I had to make them again to remind myself how delicious they are.
There are times when I am sitting at home working (yes I work from home) and I stare off into space and it happens. Something magical. That magical thing is a wonderful idea evolves in my brain and I must immediately execute. Then, I begin walking around pacing the hard word floors of my one bedroom loft and I realize that I am being watched….and I looked down and I see this face. What a cute face. I seriously miss that face (7/11/17).


I smile and fiercely muster through my….well…shelves, and look at the ingredients I have and get right to work on creating something delicious, hopefully. As I begin my Doctor Frankenstein of creating something delicious, I hardly ever know what I am making. It is something that comes into my head and just sticks! It almost like putting an image you have in your head on a canvas. You don’t really know what it is, you just know you have to express what you are filling out and share it with the word. Most of the time when I am creating recipes, I hardly ever have a name for what I am creating until the process is done. That is unless I have come up with a concept first and then figure out ways to execute. However, in this case, I had to execute first and come up with a name later.

That is typically my process. And that is how it all went down yesterday when I created these Shrimp Hushpuppies. Hardly any recipe is 100% original so all I did was take a basic hushpuppy recipe and added some extra spices and shrimp and “Who-La”! I love hushpuppies. When I was younger I thought they were gross. In my mind, I was thinking, who in the world would find fried cornbread balls good. Well, what, when I put it like that it doesn’t sound that bad. What was I thinking? Oh, I remember. The first time I had a hushpuppy it had onions and jalapeno peppers in it and I thought it completely ruined perfectly good cornbread. But I guess your taste buds change and you begin to like things that you never liked before and things that you like you begin to not like them as much (when I was younger I use to eat icing out of the jar. I think it is gross to do that now).
I thought about having a fish fry ( I love to eat fish and chips) and I was thinking what else I could make with that meal. Hushpuppies will go perfectly! So will coleslaw, but I don’t like coleslaw that much. But a good grilled potato salad will go well (that’s my next delicious creation). All I would have to do is fry a bunch of fish, maybe in different varieties, make these delicious Shrimp Hushpuppies, make something cool on the side, and have an awesome dessert! Maybe my Peach and Strawberry Shortcake Cake. So if you are ever in need for some puppies but you don’t want to clean up after them (HA HA HA…that was a good one) make these Shrimp Hushpuppies and you won’t go wrong!

SHRIMP HUSHPUPPIES
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 25 mins

Beautifully golden brown Shrimp Hush Puppies that would go well as an appetizer or for your next fish fry!
Author: Cupcake from Brown Sugar
Recipe type: Appetiser
Cuisine: American
Serves: 20-24

INGREDIENTS
  • • 1 c. yellow cornmeal
  • • ¾ c. self rising flour
  • • 1 tsp. salt
  • • 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • • ½ tsp. paprika
  • • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • • 1 small sweet Vidalia onion, minced
  • • 3 stalks celery, minced
  • • ¼ c. chives, minced
  • • 7 oz. cooked deveined shrimp
  • • 1 c. milk
  • • 1 egg
  • • Peanut or Canola oil for frying
  • • salt and pepper to taste
Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut the shrimp into small pieces and place on a plate or leave on cutting board. Season with salt and pepper and set aside so the flavor can seep in.
  2. Meanwhile, add the corm meal, flour, salt, cayenne, paprika, and whisk together. Add the milk and the egg and stir. Now add the onions, celery, chives, and shrimp and stir in with a wooden spoon. The batter should be thick.
  3. Preheat the oil to 350 degrees. Once the oil is ready, use a mini cookie scooper and scoop some of the batter in the spoon and into the hot oil. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and turn to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Sprinkle with a little seasoned salt, if you have it. When ready, eat!
  4. I recommend that you make a Jalapeno Tartar Sauce to go with it. Go here to get the recipe!
more recipes @ https://bsugarmama.com


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel