Family Favorite Meatloaf

Family Favorite Meatloaf
Today, I’m bringing over one of my all-time favorite comfort foods…meatloaf. As a kid, I detested this dish. In fact, I hated it so much that my mom would make me a separate hamburger to enjoy while everyone else gobbled up her meatloaf. I don’t know if my taste buds matured or if this recipe is REALLY just that good, but I tried this recipe about 6 years ago and have never looked back.
I got this recipe from a high school friend and the hubs (Eric) and I liked it so much, it became our go-to dish to make for company. In fact, our friends have even titled it, “Eric’s Meatloaf.” The sauce is delicious and the melted cheese inside combined with the pepper and onion make for a dynamite combination. I hope you and your family will enjoy it soon!

FAMILY FAVORITE MEATLOAF
Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1/2 bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c bread crumbs
  • 1/2 c shredded cheese (any kind)
  • 1/3 c ketchup
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • Topping!
  • 1/3 cup ketchup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Form into a loaf and place on an aluminum foil lined pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Combine ketchup and brown sugar for topping and spread over the top. Bake for 15 more minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through. Let it rest 10 minutes before slicing and ENJOY!
  2. And, finally since I like to encourage a healthy lifestyle on my blog, My Life Well Loved, here’s a Whole 30 approved all-natural Mexican Meatloaf recipe I’ve fallen in love with lately if you want to check that out! I hope you’ll come visit me soon and check out Brandi’s guest post on my blog as well as other healthy recipes you may want to add to your meal plan! Thanks so much for having me today, everyone and much love to Aunt Bee herself!



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel