Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
This classic comfort food casserole is prepared in the slow cooker! Chicken, wild rice, mushrooms, and seasonings – the perfect Crockpot recipe for a busy weeknight!
Moms and Dads, we’re almost there. We’re in the home stretch. It’s towards the end of May now and school will be out in a few short weeks. Wesley will be done preschool the Friday before Memorial Day and Silas will be done first grade the first full week in June.
I’m delusional, though, if I think I’ll be getting a break anytime soon. That’s because we’re moving!
I believe at this point I have a grand total of 2 boxes pack. Yes, literally, two. In my defense, I have cleared out the entire basement storage of things I wanted to donate or trash. I’ve pared it down as much as I can. I’m proud of myself that I saved all of our moving boxes from our previous move. So between those, and our joint addiction to Amazon Prime, we should be good to go!

But I still LOATHE packing.
This Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is the perfect dinner to just set in your slow cooker and have dinner ready when your family is ready. Needless to say, my slow cooker will be getting a huge workout between now and moving time!

Crockpot Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
This classic comfort food casserole is prepared in the slow cooker! Chicken, wild rice, mushrooms, and seasonings – the perfect Crockpot recipe for a busy weeknight!

author:Kelly Miller
prep time:10 minutes
cook time:3 hours
total time:3 hours 10minutes
course:Dinner
cuisine:American
servings: 6 servings
Ingredients
  • 6 oz box long grain and wild rice mix
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup real bacon pieces
Instructions
  1. Pour dry rice into bottom of slow cooker, set aside seasoning envelope. Lay chicken over dry rice.
  2. Sprinkle mushroom slices over chicken. In a small bowl, whisk soup, water, and contents of seasoning envelope.
  3. Pour over mixture in Crockpot. Sprinkle bacon pieces on top.
  4. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition
Calories: 263 kcal  Fat: 6 g  Saturated fat: 1 g  Cholesterol: 56 mg  Sodium: 531 mg
Potassium: 568 mg  Carbohydrates: 26 g  Fiber: 2 g  Sugar: 1 g  Protein: 24 g
Vitamin A: 2.3%  Vitamin C: 2.1%  Calcium: 1.7%  Iron: 8.9%

This is pure comfort food for sure – your family will LOVE this dinner!



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel