Oriental (Asian) Coleslaw


From the time I got to taste this delicious salad many years ago during one of our church potluck dinners, I was hooked. I must admit the first time I saw this salad, I thought it looked weird. Uncooked ramen noodles on top? Really?

I’ve tasted so many ramen noodles in my lifetime. After all it’s very popular in Asia, including the Philippines but I have never ever, while I lived there, eaten uncooked ramen noodles. I didn’t even realize that was possible. I have always pictured Ramen noodles floating on a hot and steaming bowl of broth but never on a salad!


Setting my preconceived ideas about ramen noodles on salad aside, I decided to give it a try. After one or two mouthfuls, I instantly loved this delicious coleslaw. I was totally surprised at the flavor and how delicious it was! And of course the crunch factor from the almonds, sunflower and the ramen itself was totally great! Thankfully, I found the exact recipe on our church’s very own cookbook.


While perhaps many of you already know about this Oriental Coleslaw, I decided to post the recipe here for the benefit of many who like me, previously, never knew that there was a salad like this. Nowadays, whenever I have an Asian themed dinner at home and especially when I am pressed for time – this is my go to salad. Easy to prep – how about 10 minutes or less tops – and of course, it’s reliably delicious. I’ve had many happy reviews about this and also requests for the recipe. So go, make this and enjoy!

Oriental (Asian) Coleslaw

By: Manila Spoon


Very easy and tasty salad to make – ramen noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds provide the crunch and the dressing is quite tasty. You can’t go wrong with this Oriental (Asian) Coleslaw. Perfect for picnics and potlucks, or any gathering!

Ingredients
1 (14-16 oz) package Coleslaw Mix (Cabbage or Broccoli or a combo)
1 bunch Green Onions, sliced thinly
1/2 cup toasted and slivered Almonds
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1 (3 oz) package chicken-flavored Ramen Noodles
1/2 cup Sunflower (or Peanut) Oil
1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar (or to taste)


Instructions
Combine the coleslaw mix, green onions, almonds and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl. Mix the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles with the oil, cider vinegar and sugar in a separate container.
Just before serving, break half the ramen noodles into smaller pieces and place on top of the coleslaw mix. Pour the dressing and toss everything to coat. Break the remaining Ramen noodles and scatter on top. Garnish with extra green onions, if desired.

Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes

We love to hear from you. Do share your comment or feedback on any of our recipes. 

If you like what you see and would like to receive new recipe updates, we’d love you to subscribe to our posts or join our site. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Pinterest where you can get more recipes and updates. Thanks and happy browsing!



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel