Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe

EASY RECIPE for Mini Coffee Cake Muffins that taste just like Coffee Cake! Add a cinnamon sugar crumble on top! They are so quick to make! My family loves them for breakfast and dessert! Recipe makes 16 mini muffins. 

These Mini Coffee Cake Muffins are delicious. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! As a kid one of my favorite desserts was coffee cake – breakfast, dessert, holidays – it didn’t matter, when I saw it I was always going to have a piece! I have fond memories of sitting down at the kitchen as a child, cutting up a little slice and eating it. I also have memories of that slice never lasting very long, because I was so excited to eat it!

Well it’s a good thing that I’m a adult now so that means I can make a entire batch of Coffee Cake muffins and eat them all if I want! That’s one of the bonuses of being a adult!
Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe

I was recently craving a piece of coffee cake but wasn’t in the mood to make a entire cake. I really love mini muffins because since they are small it means I can eat 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4….) without guilt. For these Mini Coffee Cake Muffins, they taste just like traditional Coffee Cake with the moist cake and the cinnamon sugar crumble on top. 

These are hands down one of my family’s favorite recipes that I make. You can serve them for breakfast or dessert! They also make a great holiday treat if you like to make your bake gifts for your family!
How to make Coffee Cake Muffins

For this recipe you’ll need need 2 bowls. One to make the cake in, the other to make that extra yummy cinnamon sugar crumble.

The muffins will need a couple dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add in your wet ingredients: butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Some coffee cake muffin recipes call for sour cream, but these are so moist and fluffy without the sour cream! 
Next fill up your mini muffin pan. I love using this pan in the kitchen and consider it one of my favorite baking tools. 
Now add your crumble on top. It might seem like alot of crumble to put on top but you have to trust me on this.
Cinnamon Sugar Crumble Topping

Your crumble is made up of flour, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. In a small bowl combine your flour, sugar and cinnamon with a fork. Next, add in your melted butter and mix until you have a crumbly mixture. Make sure to watch the embedded video if you have any questions on how to make the crumble!
And about 15 minutes later beautiful Mini Coffee Cake Muffins come out of the oven.
They will be overflowing out of their pan with sugar crumble goodness. I let these cool for about 15 minutes and then used a butter knife to gently remove them.
Can you freeze muffins?

Yes, you can absolutely freeze these muffins. I wait until they cool and then I put in freezer bags. When I’m ready to eat a muffin (or serve one to my daughter for breakfast!) I will take one out of the bag and heat it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. It’s that easy!
I hope you enjoy these Coffee Cake muffins as much as we do! Just a warning though, they’re addictive! 🙂
Mini Muffin Recipes
Looking for more muffin recipes? Here’s 3 of my most popular muffins!
Mini Coffee Cake Muffins

EASY RECIPE for Mini Coffee Cake Muffins that taste just like Coffee Cake! Add a cinnamon sugar crumble on top! They are so quick to make. My family loves them for breakfast and dessert! Recipe makes 16 mini muffins. 
Course Breakfast, Dessert
Cuisine American
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 16

Ingredients
For the muffins
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter - melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

For the crumble topping
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons butter - melted

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
  3. For the muffins: In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in melted butter and mix with fork so the mixture is crumbly. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Continue mixing with a fork so everything is combined. Pour this mixture into the mini muffin pan - it should fill up approximately 16 muffins.
  4. For the crumble topping: In a small bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter and mix with fork so the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the muffins. Keep sprinkling until it's all gone.
  5. Bake for 14-15 minutes.
  6. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan.

Recipe Video
Recipe Notes
Makes 16 mini muffins.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel